Last Updated November 2019
For the purposes of the applicable data protection laws (the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), together with any implementing legislation, in particular, the Data Protection Act 2018), the company responsible for your personal information is Mountain Campers. This Policy is incorporated into Mountain Campers Terms and Conditions and applies to information obtained by us through your use of the information, software, products and services made available through the moutaincampers.co.uk website
Mountain Campers, are a sole trader under the proprietorship of Julie Mackay.
Our website address is: https://www.mountaincampers.co.uk.
Our contact address is Rockville, Gorthleck, Inverness, IV2 6YP.
We can be contacted at:
Telephone +44 (0)1456 453161 (Mon to Fri 0900hrs to 1800hrs).
Mountain Campers collects personal information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you, such as your e-mail address, name, physical address, telephone number, date of birth and driving licence.
Mountain Campers may also collect anonymous demographic information which is not unique to you, such as your location, and browser type (Non-Personal Information).
Mountain Campers will collect your Personal Information in a number of ways, including when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through the other means set out below.
Information you provide when you book or rent a vehicle
By making a booking through our website and signing the rental agreement, you give us your express consent, to us using and transferring your personal information.
When you book a vehicle, you voluntarily give us certain personal information, which includes sensitive Information. This information is required to enable us to determine whether we can rent and insure a vehicle to you.
Information (not exclusively) we may require from you includes:
Name, Home Address, Email Address, telephone number, date of birth, driving licence number, previous motoring convictions, previous motor insurance claims copies of driving licence and copies of proof of address.
At the time of booking a vehicle you also have the option to register an account with us to keep track of your booking details. Your online account details will require, name and email address and will hold the provided billing information (excluding financial details which are not held on our servers but managed by a third party) and details of the rental period.
If you make a booking through Mountain Campers, and pay by payment card, we do not retain or store any financial payment card information on our servers. Payment card information is directly processed and handled by a secure third party provider. We currently use the following financial services: Worldpay, Stripe and Square.
Automatically collected information
When you visit our Website, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software such as your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, operating system, cookie information, referring website addresses, pages visited, links clicked, text entered, and Internet Service Provider. We analyse and use this information to better understand how our users use the service, to maintain and improve our service, and in some cases, to publicly disclose aggregated statistics regarding our services.
How we use your information
Mountain Campers collects and uses your Personal Information as necessary to undertake our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including to:
- operate the website and provide the vehicle rental service to you
- communicate with you about the services you use, as well as respond to requests for assistance, including account verification support if you’ve having difficulty accessing your account
- display user content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our services.
- carry out relevant identity, security, driving licence and credit checks,
- keep records for our tax purposes,
- maintain, understand and improve how our users use and interact with our services
- send you information about similar goods and services that we think will be of interest to you if the law allows us to do so. You may opt out of receiving such information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- publicly disclose aggregated statistics regarding our users’ use of our services.
When you book a vehicle with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract. When we process any payment made by you, we process your Personal Information to prevent or detect fraud, including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the Website. The legal basis for this processing is compliance with our legal obligations.
Personal Information access and disclosure
We will only disclose Personal Information to third parties:
- when we use vendors, lawyers and third party service providers to assist us in meeting business or operating needs, such as providing legal services, hosting our Website, communicating with users, anti-spam services, delivering and improving our service, e-mail communication, booking, invoicing and payments, customer feedback, customer support services and analytics. These service providers may only access, process or store Personal Information pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; or
- to allow relevant identity, security, driving licence and credit checks to be carried out and to detect and prevent crime in relation to your rental; or
- to investigate accidents and thefts,and to try to recover costs for damage caused to the vehicle, any optional extras and to individuals; or
- when we have your explicit consent to share your Personal Information; or
- when we determine that disclosure is required to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Mountain Campers and users of the Website,
- to respond to lawful requests, warrants, by public or regulatory authorities, including requests by police, local authorities or other law enforcement bodies;
- to respond to private parking or toll operators if we consider they have the right to the information and the law allows us to,
- if we sell some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, and if the transaction closes, then your Personal Information may be transferred to the buyer.
The Website uses “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed by us or our remarketing partners on your hard drive by a web page server. Our cookies do not run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to your computer.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenient feature to save you time. The cookie tells the server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise the Website pages, or register with the Website, a cookie helps the Website recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your Personal Information, such as your billing address or site preferences. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Website features that you customised.
We may place the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests and for remarketing.
How to reject cookies
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can usually choose to opt-out by modifying your browser settings to decline them. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of, or to fully experience the interactive features of, the Mountain Campers services or web pages you visit.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. This site also provides details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Personal identifying Information (i.e. IP Address, name, address and contact details) on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, or until you request that the information be deleted in accordance with your right of erasure (see “Your rights” section below). We will only hold sensitive information for a limited period of time and unless there is an ongoing insurance claim or a legal necessity to do so all sensitive information will normally be deleted from our servers within 28 days of a hire being completed.
Even if we delete your Personal Information, we reserve the right to maintain a copy for legal, tax or regulatory purposes, but in such event, we will do so only as long as necessary to fulfil those legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
Data security & integrity
Mountain Campers is committed to taking reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. We do this by using a range of technical and organisational measures including measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your personal information, pleaselet us know immediately.
The Website is designed to secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, with protections from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When Personal Information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
However, while we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of all data which is transmitted to the website or to another website via the internet or similar connection. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of the Website, please keep this password safe.
Your Rights of Access
Under the GDPR, you have various rights in relation to your Personal Information, such as the rights of access, rectification, restriction, objection, portability, and erasure. Please note that these rights are subject to certain limitations set forth in applicable law.
To exercise these rights, please contact our us. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues you raise. We may ask you to pay a subject access request fee, if the law allows us to do so.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to update and change this policy at any time. Please periodically review this document as necessary.